List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] kpilot
From:       "Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper" <vR () movingparts ! net>
Date:       2006-11-09 1:10:13

On Wednesday 08 November 2006 09:28, Eildert Groeneveld wrote:
> Hello Folks

Hi there!  =:)

> I have noticed that are a number of problem reports regarding kpilot.

Bug reports you mean?  Yeah, you're right.  The developer resources we have (3
on a good month?) don't leave many resources for bug hunting/squashing, I'm
afraid.  =:(

> Thus far, I have always had some funny irregularities but always got
> the sync somehoe going. Now this has failed. The observation (on
> Debian unstable uptodate, kde.3.5.5, handspring treo270):

270??  Wow, that's old!  =:)

> 4. apparently as a result the KpilotDaemon uses 100% of the CPU even
> after kpilot has been exited; I have to kill it explicitly.

Hm.  Can you try to do a backup sync or something with pilot-xfer (take kpilot
out of the picture) and see if it happens with that too?

> Also, I have not been able to use the sync from kontakt, but that may
> be another matter.

kpilot doesn't have a sync from kontact.  I think that's the opensync stuff.
Don't know anything about that yet.  =:/

--

 `
 ,