List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Erase messages on server when deleted locally
From:       Jean-Philippe Monteiro <joaophilippe.mb.monteiro () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-11-01 13:07:51

On Wednesday 1 November 2006 19:04, Christian wrote:
> I have a Pop account set up on a server that does not provide imap
> functionality (to my great chagrin...). I would like to keep a copy of all
> the messages on the server untiI trashed locally on my machine. I cannot
> seem to find this function in Kmail 1.9.1. I seem to recall that this
> function exists on Thunderbird. Is that true? Can someone tell me if there
> is a way to have this happen. If not, this certainly would be a great
> addition to kmail if technically feasible.
>
> Thanks
> Christian

Hmm

Not on my SuSE93 kmail 1.8, indeed, but later versions offers you the ability
to limit from three axis: Number of Mails, Weight in Kb, and Age. I am on my
Suse box right now, not on the more up-to-date laptop with 1.9, but I am
definitive Weight and Number of Mails are definable right underneath the
"keep message on server" tickbox in Emails Accounts POP definition.

Please notice I am currently experimenting with gathering Emails with
different machines using different versions of Kmail, and I got at least two
fetched by 1.9 emails that never made their way to the 1.8 box for some
reason, with the POP storage activated.

I will submit this bug as soon as I finish the build-up of a consistent
"missing emails" record file.

You right to complain about Imap... I wasn't aware POP storage was not
consistant.

Cheers

Jean-Philippe.

--

SuSE93 Linux Kernell 2.6.11.4-21.14 KDE 3.4.0 Kontact 1.1 Kmail 1.8
PHNOM PENH - CAMBODIA