List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Problems Synchronice PamTX with kpilot
From:       Nathan Eckenrode <Neckenrode () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-10-07 23:10:21

On Saturday 07 October 2006 18:38, Chaos Lord wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Since a long time I'm using kpilot 4.6.0 to synchronice my Palm
> >> TX-Device with Kontact. Everything worked fine since yesterday.
> >>
> >> After my daily sync the Pilot lost all of my organizer data, and since
> >> then it does not accept any Data coming from kontact.
> >>
> >> When I change something on the pda it is transferd to the pc, but when I
> >> cahnge the data on the PC the PDA does not notice this change.
> >>
> >> The To/Do-List is even more mysteriouse. When I create a job on the
> >> device, it is shown normally. when i start the sync, my Desktop show me
> >> the new task, but the pda lost ist.
> >>
> >> So I reset the PDA completely but nothing. I can not transfer data from
> >> PC to the PDA.
> >>
> >> What I just see is, that in the kpilot Adress-DB there are the changes i
> >> made on the Desktop, but they are not transferd.
> >>
> >> Anybody any Idea?
> >>
> >> Steve
> >
> >Unfortunately, the only thing I can add is that I am also experiencing
> > this particular problem.
>
> Ah Ok so this is not only my Problem :-(
>
> Any Ideas so far or don't you just synchronize?

This started for me when I did a clean wipe and install of my system, I
updated to Kubuntu Edgy Eft and was able to use kpilot to sync all my data
into Kontact, but when I did it just took all the data and left the Palm
empty. I can still sync the information from the Palm into Kontact, it just
removes everything from the Palm.

I can also add new files and programs into the Palm, its only the addressbook,
calendar and todo which is affected.