List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Kmail suggestions
From:       Boyan Tabakov <blade.alslayer () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-10-04 18:27:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On 4.10.2006 20:45, Derek Broughton wrote:
> It's needless redundancy - what could an internal IMAP server provide
> that you can't already get with one that isn't part of kde-pim?

If you use a database as a backend for storing the mail, it will be impossible
for other mail clients to read it. So I was thinking that there should be an
interface available and what interface is better spoken by many mail clients
than IMAP? Or maybe kmail could store the mail via a local IMAP server, I
don't know.

If you can think of another way to allow *other* applications to access the
mail, please let me know. And that way should not be API, because it would
mean that these other clients need modification.

--
Blade hails you...

Once I had a dream
And this is it