List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Kmail suggestions
From:       Richard <cms01 () tampabay ! rr ! com>
Date:       2006-10-04 15:40:10

I think, we have to look at the bigger picture,
unified koffice, or a broken mutt.

sqlite3 database, would be a major improvement in KMail structure,
for performance, and reliability, and perhaps doing reports...
aka:data mining.

The process of using two email clients, is getting outdated...
of keeping with the times, today, a email client of today has to handle all
media types, on the fly, and the progression is forward thinking....
otherwise, I would be still using DOS 5.0

As stated before, its just not, 2 to 4 emails a day, its 800 - 1000 a day,
for me... with lots of attachments, incline graphics charts... spreadsheets..
vCards..etc...etc., to move in real time, would require a client,
that with a single click or two can edit the attachment or add to it,
then resend it, and update contact records...all in real time.

Now we are talking a contact manager here... but that is what progression of
koffice is... ( a MS outlook ) replacement.. the future to come.. ( I hope)

Here one: I used to use this email client on the Macintosh,
call Nisus email, it had one very COOL aspect: YOU COULD SEND EMAILS,
from ANY Text Editor (included itself), if I was in notepad, and wanted to
send a quick note, all I would have to do, is highlight the text of the note,
and right click, select a email address, and off it went. ( That's Power in
your hands)did this in the background.

----
Regards-
Rich