List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Kmail suggestions
From:       Shawn Willden <shawn-gimp () willden ! org>
Date:       2006-10-03 18:09:26

On Tuesday 03 October 2006 11:23, Derek Broughton wrote:
> Still, kMail's not the place to put something like this - it belongs
> in the backend, which could be IMAP, could be aKonadi (?).  kMail
> should be as agnostic as possible about the way mail is actually
> stored and retrieved.

I disagree.  I can see immense utility in fast and flexible searching of large
local mail databases.  I use cachedimap, for example, so I have local copies
of everything.   Others that use POP3 also have local copies of all of the
data.

KMail shouldn't care how the mail is stored on the server, but KMail can't
avoid caring about how it's stored locally, to some degree, at least.  Local
mail stores can be pluggable, but they must be implemented locally.

	Shawn.