List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] "save as..." from KMail with other properties
From:       Ingo =?utf-8?q?Kl=C3=B6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-09-25 18:58:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 25 September 2006 05:10, Jean-Philippe Monteiro wrote:
> On Thursday 21 September 2006 03:46, Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> > > Just for the sake of conversation: Why can't kmail save it with
> > > the destination folder properties ? If I save in a shared folder,
> > > it's on a public purpose for instance. In Home, must be
> > > private...
> > >
> > > Shall a WishList submission get any chance ?
> >
> > There's already a wish (or a bug report) for this.
>
> ??? Can't find it ???????????
> from "kmail attachment" up to "kmail save attachment permission
> destination folder" did not returned anything relevant.

I'm sorry, but I don't know the number of this bug report. In fact, I
think there's no wish which matches exactly what you want. I've
confused it with the wish/bug to use the umask.

FWIW, I don't think saving with the destination folders permissions is a
good idea because for example /tmp is world readable and writable but
usually you don't want anybody to be able to access what you put
into /tmp.

Regards,
Ingo