List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Kmail and strange IMAP behaviour
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-15?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-09-22 21:08:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 21 September 2006 15:58, Stefan Stolz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i don know if i should post it as a bug, or feature request. I dont
> understand this behaviour from Kmail an IMAP:
> I set in the config for this IMAP folder "Download only attachments
> if needed" (or like it sounds in english)
> Ok, if i browse the messages Kmail allready has seen the behaviour is
> correct. He only downloads the text. But if Kmail sees a message
> first time (even if i didnt klicked on it) he downloads the _full_
> message and the afterwards _uploads_ it again?!? This is a very
> unuseful behaviour for IMAP.
>
> I found nothing in the bug database, but dont really know how and
> where to post it. Can you help me?

Most likely you are using filters (probably a spam filter). In order to
be able to filter a message KMail has to download the entire message.
If you use a spam filter then all messages will be altered while being
filtered (the spam filter adds some headers to the messages). Therefore
those altered messages have to be uploaded again.

Regards,
Ingo