List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Sync-Problem w/ Kontact Contacts
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-09-21 23:13:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 20 September 2006 22:32, Jan Schulze wrote:
> The problem did not exist when I synced the Palm with Evolution 2.6 and
> gpilot. So I guess it is some problem with the mapping in the German
> version of KPilot.

No, it's the mapping between the fields at *all* between the Pilot and
Kontact. There are two kinds of fields, which I'll call by their KDE
addressbook names:

prefix - an honorific prefix, like "Herr Prof. Dr."
role - job title

KPilot was written to sync the "Title" field (as it's called on the Palm in
English) with the prefix, not the role (it's ambiguous in English what the
word means). I could change the field that it syncs with or make it
configurable which semantics is used, but for now it's broken for you (and
works for me, because my Palm contains "Herr Prof Dr." there).

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot