List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] can I sort kmail like this?
From:       linuxmaillists () charter ! net
Date:       2006-09-15 19:13:25

On Friday 15 September 2006 10:48, Art Alexion wrote:

> > > Well I miss that fetaure too. When having tons of mails rushing
> > > in its cool to have them threaded but of course you also would
> > > like to have those threads being sorted by the last received
> > > mail and not when the thread started....
> > >
> > > Imagine you have an old task / thread that slept for two weeks
> > > or so and than finally your customer replies but you dont get
> > > "notified" as its not moved to the top of the inbox .....
> >
> > I am just not understanding what you people are talking about,
> > because I have each folder listed to the left and each folder
> > shows how many new mail are in each folder and they are
> > high-lighted in the folder. Going to the folder and clicking on
> > the + takes me to every new mail.
>
> Right.  That does navigate to all new mail, but if that was all
> that was necessary, we would need no sorting at all, just keep
> clicking +

Correct, so some one help me understand where the value is in having
KMail start you on the most recent in the thread.  Why would you not
want to start with the earliest unread message in the thread first.
When the messages are threaded, KMail expands the thread with new
mail.  I am not arguing with any one here I am just trying to
understand where the value is in doing it the other way.

--
Jack Gates http://www.jlgates.com