List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] kmail not showing mail
From:       Боян Табак <blade.alslayer () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-09-14 16:47:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On 14.9.2006 17:19, Charlie Bradley wrote:
> I just reinstalled my OS and moved all my mail from backup to
> the /.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/cur and changed all the permissions.  Kmail
> still doesn't list the mail in the folder.  Only the mail I have received
> since install gets listed.  I have successfully done this before so I don't
> understand what is happening now.  any insight would be appreciated.
> KDE 3.5.3
> Kmail 1.9.3

Hi,
The correct folder to place your backup mail would be
~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/mail/inbox/cur, rather than just .../mail/cur.
You can also import your mail from kmail by selecting File -> Import Messages
and pointing out the wizard to the backup mail. That way you won't have to
deal with folders and kmail will do that for you.

--
Blade hails you...

When we from my homeland depart
To challenge the gods of emptiness