List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] KMail: Multiple "Local Folders"
From:       "Derek Broughton" <auspex () pointerstop ! ca>
Date:       2006-08-25 12:45:11

On 8/25/06, Graham <gct3@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> On Friday 25 August 2006 1:20 am, Derek Broughton wrote:
>
> > How does it make it more bloated to separate a single "Local Folders"
> > into multiple local folders? As I showed, you can pretty much do all
> > this now, if that's what you want
> [snipped]
>
> I didn't say it made it more bloated to do this, merely that those email
> programs that show this behaviour are bloated (take Thunderbird for
> one).
You're complaining about bloat, but I'm saying that isn't an issue
with KMail & this particular feature.

> If you can "pretty much do all of this now" (your words), why introduce
> it as an extra feature in the default configuration?

If it isn't going to make the software bloated, why not go the little
extra step and make it _easy_ for all the people who've asked for it.
I can do it - but I described the steps, and it's overly complicated.

I don't understand why people so vehemently want to stop letting
others have the software they'd like.  It would be a different matter
if the developers didn't want to go to the trouble, but Ingo's already
said he'll probably do it.
--
derek