List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Sharing files
From:       Thomas Kleindienst <t.kleindienst () web ! de>
Date:       2006-08-23 7:42:07

Am Mittwoch, 23. August 2006 08:03 schrieb Holger Steffen:
> Hi!
>
> is there a way to share a calendar, contacts and to-do's with a other user
> without using kolab, opengroupware, etc ... ?
> (We are only a business with 3 persons)
> I put the files in a directory common to the office and set the permissions
> according, but always after somebody touched a file,
> he is set as owner and the permissions are set according to his umask,
> so nobody other can use it after.
> I searched in the web and found some people,
> who had the same problem,
> but no solution.

A) make a directory that's read- and writeable by all users
(say /usr/share/calendars)

copy the calendar file of each user from
$HOME/.kde/share/apps/korganizer
in this directory.
cp
$HOME/.kde/share/apps/korganizer/std.ics /usr/share/calendars/$USER-calendar.ics

log in as first user, start korganizer, change standard calendar ressource to
the new location, add the other calendars as _READ ONLY_
Repeat with the other users on your system

Now every user can see the calendars of the other users, but can only change
his own calendar...

----

B) If you're sure, that only one user is logged in at a time and is using
korganizer you may write a small script using chmod to restore permissions to
a user-writeable ics file after closing korganizer

C) or you may set up a nfs-server and use "squash-all" to get your desired
permissions on every file...

I would not recommend B and C... go for A