List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] encryption error
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-15?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-08-22 21:13:47

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 22 August 2006 15:58, Michal Hlavac wrote:
> hello,
>
> my friend send me email from thunderbird which was encrypted and
> signed with thawte freemail key... I have error when I try to open
> it... error log is in attachment...

Well, obviously Thunderbird used the RC2 algorithm for encrypting the
message which gpgsm does not support. My guess is that it's not
supported because it's a very weak algorithm (only 64 bit). You should
ask your friend to use a stronger encryption algorithm.

If you have questions concerning RC2 and gpgsm then please contact the
gnupg developers (e.g. via gnupg-users@gnupg.org or gpa-dev@gnupg.org).

Regards,
Ingo