List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] problem with vcal conduit in kpilot
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-08-16 14:37:43

On Wednesday 16 August 2006 15:31, Patrick Healy wrote:
> Jason 'vanRijn' Kasper writes (on 28.06.2006):
> > On Wednesday 28 June 2006 15:56, George Bourozikas wrote:
> > > error:	Error in recipe
> > > "/home/george/Software/kpilot-dev/aap/default.aap" line 154: :update
> > > failed for "libkcal/event.h"
> >
> > You need to fetch/install/whatever the kdepim-dev packages on your
> > machine. For me, running ubuntu, I do "sudo apt-get build-dep kpilot"
> > which pulls in all sorts of stuff.  The specific file you're referring to
> > comes from libkcal2-dev on my ubuntu machine.  YMMV, depending on what
> > distribution you're using.  =:)
>
> I, too, am having troubles synching my Treo 650.  It appears that the
> kubuntu (debian?) distribution doesn't permit starting kpilot in debug
> mode ('kpilot --debug 1' does nothing) but I would still like to try and
> dig a bit deeper.  What should I do after I "sudo apt-get build-dep
> kpilot"?

Usually binary builds -- certainly the KPilot 4.6.0 stuff in distros -- do not
have debugging enabled, so --debug won't work.

> Apologies for the naivety, but what can you expect when you're dealing
> with the unwashed masses :-)

Well, mr. unwashed. Once you have the build dependencies, you can follow the
instructions on the development page:

	http://cvs.codeyard.net/kpilot/develop.php

Or stop by #kpilot -- sometimes there's someone there to give you a hand.

--
KDE Quality Team
GPG: FEA2 A3FE