List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] KMail and certificates
From:       Andy Pepperdine <andy () pepperdine ! eclipse ! co ! uk>
Date:       2006-08-01 14:45:06

On Tuesday 01 August 2006 14:34, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 August 2006 08:52, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, 1. August 2006 10:20 schrieb Andy Pepperdine:
> > > That is what I'd done. And I've just done it again (and a re-boot
> > > overnight). How do I know whether it has worked, and the trust is
> > > established? (in case there is something wrong with the message I'm
> > > looking at anyway)
> >
> > That's a good question. :-) I suggest sending this question to the
> > gnupg-users@gnupg.org or gpa-dev@gnupg.org mailing list. I didn't find
> > anything obvious in the gpgsm documentation (info gnupg2).
>
> What I did was customize the colors in Kleopatra so I could tell which ones
> were trusted.  I don't have time to go into details, but if you change each
> possible trust condition into a different color, you can tell.  When you
> are in Kleopatra, go to Configure Kleopatra --> appearance.

Thanks for a good tip. I'd not even heard of Kleopatra before this problem
turned up. But changing the colours, showed that nothing was validated. So I
first thought that there was some other configuration missing, but couldn't
see anything obvious, so I re-ran Certificates -> Validate, and now all is
working!

Thank you both for your trouble, and I'm sorry to have been such a nuisance.

Regards,
Andy.