List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Printing the calendar
From:       Art Alexion <art.alexion () verizon ! net>
Date:       2006-07-30 14:09:20

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 30 July 2006 02:39, Werner Joss wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 30. Juli 2006 02:45 schrieb Art Alexion:
> > By the way, is there a single command to send to the printer?
>
> yes :)
>
> > I did
> > konsolekalendar --date 2006-07-31 --end-date 2006-07-31 --export-type
> > HTML --export-file 2006-07-31.html
> > then
> > konqueror 2006-07-31.html &
> > then printed and exited konqueror.
>
> just pipe the output from konsolekalendar to kprinter:
>
> konsolekalendar --date 2006-07-31 --end-date 2006-07-31 | kprinter -P
> <printername> --nodialog

OK.  This doesn't seem to work with HTML output as kprinter doesn't seem to
know what to do with it.  After complaining that text/html is not supported,
it offers to convert.  If you agree, instead of printing HTML output, it
prints HTML code.

> again, you can checkout the options for kprinter before:
>
> kprinter --help

Nothing there about printing HTML directly.

I think I have to refresh myself on using GhostScript directly (something I
haven't done in years) and then do something like

konsolekalendar | gs | kprinter (or just lpr)

Another approach might be a way to figure out any konqueror (or other browser)
command line parameters for "just print this file and exit", such as

konsolekalendar | konqueror --print

if that is possible.

Art Alexion
Arthur S. Alexion LLC