List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] serveral accounts in kmail
From:       Scott Kitterman <kde () kitterman ! com>
Date:       2006-07-30 1:10:24

On Saturday 29 July 2006 20:48, Art Alexion wrote:
> On Saturday 29 July 2006 09:58, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> >  I never saw the point in having my mail sorted by incoming account.
> > I want to sort my mail by the senders but not by the email address they
> > used to send me something.
>
> Some people have, say, a business account and a personal account and want
> to sort them separately.  Kmail's ability to assign a default identity to a
> folder is a plus in this instance.  It is like having two MUAs open!

I have multiple accounts and sort them separately today.  Currently I have:

Local Folders
--Inbox
----List of folders I sort my inbox into
--usual list of folders...
--Other main foldder
----Another list of folders I sort the other account into

The other account gets delivered to the other mail folder.  It seems like the
objection is that they are both under a top level "folder" called Local
Folders.  So what.

As nearly as I can tell, Kmail already does what is being asked for, you just
have to set it up.

Scott K