List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] [KMail] Could not connect to host
From:       tsuraan <tsuraan () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-07-26 4:02:09

I'm trying to set up kmail to fetch mail from my Binc IMAP server over
ssl.  I have the server entered as 10.77.97.15, the port at 993, the
security->encryption field set to use ssl, and the security->auth set
to clear text.  When I attempt to check mail, KMail says it cannot
connect to the host.

From the terminal, I can do the following:

> openssl s_client -ssl2 -crlf -host 10.77.97.15 -port 993

And, after all the openssl debugging info, I get:

* OK Welcome to Binc IMAP Copyright (C) 2002-2005 Andreas Aardal
Hanssen at 2006-07-25 22:55:29 -0500

I can do

1 LOGIN <username> <password>

and it authenticates me.  I can then do:

2 select inbox

and it tells me how many emails I have.  The server is clearly working
well, and is reachable from the computer running KMail.  What do I
have to do to get KMail to work with this server?