List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users]
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-07-21 22:33:28

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 21 July 2006 20:03, Jens Rutschmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> when displaying HTML emails KMail seems not to handle CSS properties
> like a:hover correctly.

That's quite possible. Where is this a:hover defined?

> I thought KMail uses the KHTML part that is also used in Konqueror
> (which displayed the HTML email correctly after pasting it into a
> file).

It does, but there are still some differences. Mostly due to the fact
that KMail embeds the HTML message into the HTML code KMail produces.
Ideally we'd use an iframe, but this would result in ugly scrollbars.

> Also the fonts in Konqueror are displayed as configured in
> KControl. In KMail they have the default "medium" size that is used
> before changing it.
>
> It seems KMail uses those standard values instead of the values
> defined in my ~/.kde

KMail should either use the globally defined fonts or the fonts you
specify in KMail (if you choose custom fonts).

> Is that a bug?

I guess that's debatable.

> If not is there any way to make KMail use the same font settings as
> Konqueror?

Did you try to configure the fonts in KMail?

> I do not want to customize the fonts in the KMail settings
> because that would affect plain text emails as well.

Then there's currently no way to do what you want. KMail uses whatever
the KHTML part uses by default. That does not seem to be what Konqueror
uses.

Regards,
Ingo