List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] Can Mailfilter Data Be Used In KMail?
From:       Graham <gct3 () blueyonder ! co ! uk>
Date:       2006-07-21 2:56:03

I have been using Mailfilter for some time as one way of filtering spam.

It works by keeping a regex list you filter on headers as well as a list
of items that can be allowed.  The filtering is done on the POP server
before emails reach me.  Normally, Mailfilter is run on the command
line and anything it finds is shown in a console.

I have tried to list the information in my mailfilterrc file in the POP
filters of KMail but there doesn't appear to be any way of doing this.
I have tried placing mailfilter as a precommand for the default
account, but it gives me no feedback (in a console or otherwise), and
times that I do not want to run the default account and then mailfilter
is not run.  I have to run it outside of  KMail.

The Mailfilter home page is at http://mailfilter.sourceforge.net

I am using KMail 1.9.3 with KDE 3.5.3

Is there any way that I can integrate the Mailfilter list with KMail?
--

Graham