List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] ka/pi and ko/pi and act!4 on windows
From:       kde-pim () pdscc ! com
Date:       2006-06-27 2:51:49

Okay, currently running Ka/Pi and Ko/Pi 2.2.5 on my Sharp Zaurus SL-5500 running OZ 3.5.3. My
gf's Zaurus is running the sharp rom, 3.1 iirc.  Both desktops are running Windows 2000 and
using Symantec's ACT!4 for the contact manager.

Want to get my GF using Ka/Pi and Ko/Pi and to that end I've been using them on my desktop for
the past week and have come up with some issues that I haven't seen in the list archives or while
googling.

1) Outlook import causes Ka/Pi to crash every time. Outlook version is 2000 Sp3. I can export
from outlook in csv format and then import into Ka/Pi, but that involves a lot of work in mapping
the fields.

2) Is there are way to import directly from Act!4.02?  Sadly it does NOT offer the ability to export to
csv format.

3) Ideally with either situation above, it would be nice to be able keep the linkage between contact
and appointment AND all the notes for a contact.

When I export the database from Act and then import into outlook, I lose the linkages between
appointments and contacts and the notes :-(  So if there was a way to get the data direct from Act,
that would certainly simplify things.

I had planned to continue using Act and doing daily transfers from Act to Ka/Pi, Ko/Pi, but since
I've been using Ka/Pi and Ko/Pi on my Zaurus in the field, I think I can move fully to it, however I
need to make sure I can get the notes for each contact and the linkages between contact and
appointment to transfer over.  Any suggestions?

If there is a better list for my questions, please advise since the only list I could find for Ka/Pi and
Ko/Pi on sourceforge, only had 7 members :-(.

Thanks

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting