Hi John, > I have just upgraded to SuSE 10.1 (a clean new install on a machine that > had been running 9.3), and my key drives no longer automount. From > goggling around, I know that SuSE dropped submount and subfs in 10.1, and > there has been much complaining from those who do not run KDE or Gnome. > But I am using KDE, and from what I gather, there should be an automount > system. CDs and DVDs do automount, but not USB keys. Am I missing > something here, or are key drives not supported in 10.1? Those not using > KDE or Gnome have been advised to use ivman and put an entry into their > fstab for each key. I would rather not have to do that.... > > Any suggestions? I have been fiddling around since upgrading two weeks ago, but your email has set me to the right track. In konqueror go to "media:/". After having plugged in your stick something like "USB MEMORY" should appear as bottom entry. In the context menu/properties popup of that entry you will find mount options, "mount automatically" among others. Tagging this made the system behave like I wanted it to do... But you're right, with SUSE 10.1 it well may be there is no way outside of KDE/GNOME to get sticks automounted. Regards Frank _______________________________________________ KDE PIM users mailing list kdepim-users@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kdepim-users