List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] KPilot 4.5.4 an Asus 636
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-06-15 22:47:42

This is an English language mailing list; I'll answer in English.

On Thursday 15 June 2006 11:05, Peter wrote:
> Ich bekomme keine Verbindung über USB. Der Anschluss ist "/dev/usbdev1.1".

That is a reasonable device name, I guess. Check that the device is recognized
as a PalmOS device. Look at the end of messages like this:

	tail /var/log/messages

after hitting the hotsync button.

If it is recognized  you can use pilot-xfer to test the connection to the
Palm:

	pilot-xfer -p /dev/usbdev1.1 -L

don't hit enter .. hit the hotsync button, say "Gotterdammerung" and then hit
enter. If all is well it will list the databases on the Palm. Assuming all
that works, you can just configure KPilot to use the device.

--
KDE Quality Team
GPG: FEA2 A3FE