List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] KDE Bluetooth Syncing to Palm PDA
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-06-12 19:44:47

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 12 June 2006 14:14, Australian Locating Services wrote:
> My Palm Tungsten E2 syncs OK to KDE with a cable
> Transfering files like word, jpegs etc with bluetooth is no problem but I
> canīt seem to sync yet.

So, just to get this straight for the problem (which I can't help you with for
lack of bluetooth equipment):

- with USB it syncs fine
- with bluetooth it doesn't

The general approach to troubleshooting this is to use pilot-xfer (a
command-line tool included with the libraries underlying kpilot). Type in

	pilot-xfer -p /dev/pilot -L

but don't hit enter. Hit the sync button, count three, then hit enter. Instead
of /dev/pilot you should fill in whatever device node gets created for the
pilot (some OSes create /dev/pilot, others /dev/ucom0 or other weirdness -- I
have no idea what you might expect for bluetooth).

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot