List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Exchange Calendar wrong time
From:       Paul Kennedy <paulk () cisco ! com>
Date:       2006-06-09 23:40:25

On Friday 09 June 2006 16:26, Paul Lemmons wrote:
> I know, third message in a row... can you tell I am trying to configure
> today :)
>
> I successfully got both the "Exchange 2000  Server" and "Caleder on IMAP
> server via kmail" to connect and return the calendar from Exchange.
> However, 10:00am meetings show up as 5:00pm meetings on the calendar. I
> suspect it has something to do with the fact that we are MST (-7 hours from
> GMT). At least the math seems to work out.
>
> Is there a way that I can get the calendar to line up with reality?

I have had success doing this but only after doing the following:

	1. Setting my timezone correctly in KDE .. and ...
	2. Setting my timezone correctly in Exchange (requires Outlook Web Access or
the native Outlook client) ... and ...
	3. Restarting korganizer

I notice that if I reboot my system and korganizer comes up ahead of kmail,
all  of the appointments are there but are offset by the difference between
my locale and UTC. I always have to stop and start korganizer to get them to
show up at the expected/correct times.

BTW I only use "Calendar on IMAP server via kmail" and I do not update the
calendar except through OWA or the native client (i.e., the korganizer
resource is read-only). This is less than optimal but the Exchange
integration and two-way updates always seem to fail in unexpected ways.

- Paul K