List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Using kwalletmanager to store passwords from
From:       Patrick ALLAERT <patrick.allaert () dixite ! com>
Date:       2006-06-07 15:32:04

On Wednesday 07 June 2006 16:53, Pastor JW wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 11:42:54 +0200, Patrick ALLAERT
>
> <patrick.allaert@dixite.com> wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > I made some mistake when replying to kmail questions about how to store
> > the
> > passwords. I am always using kwalletmanager to store them, but due to
> > some
> > bad manipulations, I am not able to use it anymore from kmail, in fact, I
> > don't know how to set-up kmail to re-ask how it should store the
> > passwords...
> > I tried disabling password storage and then clicking the checkbox "Store
> > password" again, but it always use kmail's password storage method
> > without
> > asking any question.
>
> Please write a howto on how you did this!  I might even go back to using
> Kmail if I could get rid of Kwallet.

If I remember well, after opening Kmail, I clicked "Cancel" (this was my
mistake)  when my KDE Wallet asked me my password to access the wallet in
which Kmail stored their password information. After this, Kmail falled back
(since it cannot access the needed information...) with a dialog that prompt
me to enter my password for the account... I filled everything in AND choose
to "store my password" (In fact, I thought it will store the password in the
wallet...). And now I don't find how to set KWalletManager as the password
storage method...

Regards,

--
Patrick ALLAERT <patrick.allaert@dixite.com>