List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] can't hotsync
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-05-30 20:05:01

On Tuesday 30 May 2006 21:47, john davis wrote:
> On Monday 29 May 2006 22:03, you wrote:
> > pilot-link. The solution is to upgrade to the not-yet-released (and so
> > you can't upgrade to it) pilot-link 0.12 or use KPilot from SVN [1] which
> > contains a copy of pilot-link 0.12, but that is still under
> > excruciatingly slow development (you can help! send patches!).
>
> Ah!, now in my case, that might be a little bit of a problem.
>
> If you needed to know how to drive an articulated truck, with a twin split,
> range change 8 gear box (max of 48 possible forward gears and 6 reverse)
> towing a low
> loader trailer, carrying a 50 tonne crane, then I might be the person to
> ask.

Well, you're the first heavy-hauler truck driver I've met, so I will keep it
in mind. Clearly I won't need you to tote around my Palm Pilot. One of the
neat things about Free Software is that nearly everyone in it or around it is
Secretly Something Else. Last week at a conference I met a man who had been a
Cathedral Organ Builder. Makes for better bar conversations than DNS, for
sure.

> Though I think that when I get time, I'll look into any new versions of
> KPilot (or the 0.12 of pilot-link) that I can track down to see if a "bog
> standard" user like myself can make
> it work.

There's some action picking up in KPilot development again, Jason has
re-surfaced and Bertjan may have wrapped up his classes now. I'm still stupid
busy, but it's a start.

--
KDE Quality Team
GPG: FEA2 A3FE