List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Akonadi incompatible with existing email
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-05-20 19:07:00

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 20 May 2006 10:29, M. Fioretti wrote:
> My request of clarification was meant to understand exactly _who_, in
> the developers vision, is supposed to "provide a command line tool
> that allows one to interact with akonadi...":
> *If* I understand correctly Aaron's answer and yours, it's 2), isn't
> it? If so, OK, I can hack a script or two if I really want to try
> akonadi myself some day.  I'm not asking or even suggesting that you
> do one or the other, I just wanted to know how things stand, really.

i think it's just too early in akonadi development to be able to predict this
sort of thing ("who will write tool X"). what is probably safe to say,
however, is that if there is a need / want for it it will happen. by whose
hands? probably whoever gets to it first depending on the need and their
relation to that need. it's how open source tends to work =)

--
Aaron J. Seigo