List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users]
From:       Ingo =?iso-8859-1?q?Kl=F6cker?= <kloecker () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-05-09 9:52:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Samstag, 6. Mai 2006 14:08 schrieb Stefan Roese:
> I am using KMail and am very happy with it's features. One thing I
> didn't get working until now, it to switch between different spell
> checking languages (ASpell english and german). I have setup
> different "Identities", one using ASpell English and one ASpell
> German as dictionary.
>
> But unfortunately only the default dictionary is used in the mails.
> Switching the dictionary using the menu Settings->Spellchecker also
> doesn't work. No change in the current email.

You can change the current dictionary in the composer if you enable the
corresponding drop down box via View->Dictionary. If you change your
identity then the dictionary should also change to the corresponding
dictionary. Another user reported that only "ASpell default" is listed
in the dictionary drop down box. This would obviously explain the wrong
behavior you noticed, but so far I have no idea why this should happen.

Changing the dictionary via Settings->Spellchecker only changes the
dictionary that's used for manual spellchecking (via Tools->Spelling).

> Did I miss something here? Is anybody using different spellchecking
> dictionary? Thanks for any input.

I'm using German and English (ISpell) dictionaries with different
identities and didn't notice any problems so far.

Regards,
Ingo