List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Setting an "Out of Office" Reply - Malformed URL
From:       Derek Broughton <derek () pointerstop ! ca>
Date:       2006-04-04 19:25:08

On Tuesday 28 March 2006 02:11, Adrien Guillon wrote:
>    Whenever I set an "Out of Office" reply, I get an error "Malformed URL:
> sieve://my.mailserver.xyz:2000/?x-mech=PLAIN."  The server does support
> sieve scripts.  Any ideas what this error means, or how I might find more
> information?

Sorry, I don't know, but since nobody else seems to, and I'm playing with
sieve stuff right now, maybe we can figure it out.

That looks like a bad url according to my copy of the current ManageSieve
protocol draft.

The draft is a little short on what constitutes an "authority".  However, it
is quite clear that a URL looks like
   sieve://authority/[script]

If there's anything after that last / it's a script name - and "?x-mech=PLAIN"
isn't a script.

It looks to me like your server (not KMail) is trying to issue a referral to
another server (is the host part of the url above the same as the one you
specified in configuring sieve?) and is maybe trying to tell the client
(KMail) that it should use SASL PLAIN - which isn't the correct way to do
that, it should be in the capabilities it sends after a connection.
--
derek