List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] [Kde-pim] Lifedrive PDA
From:       German Trejo <germant () golden ! net>
Date:       2006-02-22 4:29:43

[Attachment #2 (text/html)]

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Adriaan de Groot wrote:
  <pre wrap="">On Tuesday 21 February 2006 13:54, German Trejo wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Software versions:
Kpilot 4.6.50
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
There is no such KPilot version known to the developers.

  </pre>
On the front end it says KPilot 4.6.0(blivit)(Using KDE 3.4.92-2 RH)<br>
  <pre wrap=""></pre>
    <pre wrap="">pilot-link 0.12.0 pre5
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
There is no such pilot-link version released or considered suitable for
packaging.

  </pre>
That's what I found to update<br>
  <pre wrap=""></pre>
    <pre wrap="">KDE 3.4.92-1
Qt 3.3.5
Red hat FC4
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Par for the course for Fedora, really. Unsupported weird-ass versions of
programs (at least KPilot compiles against 0.12 pre5 as opposed to the pre4
they shipped a few months ago). I wonder what they did for the .50 extra.

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">#7  0x009b5a30 in __libc_message () from /lib/libc.so.6
#8  0x00a37415 in __chk_fail () from /lib/libc.so.6
#9  0x00a37a78 in __realpath_chk () from /lib/libc.so.6
#10 0x02138b19 in pi_serial_device () from /usr/lib/libpisock.so.9
#11 0x0213af25 in pi_bind () from /usr/lib/libpisock.so.9
#12 0x007bddb5 in KPilotDeviceLink::open () from /usr/lib/libkpilot.so.0
#13 0x007bf034 in KPilotDeviceLink::openDevice () from
/usr/lib/libkpilot.so.0
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Do you get any output on the console? Try running kpilotDaemon from konsole to
see what happens. It looks like some kind of broken path is ending up in
pi_serial_device, but that's going to take a real backtrace to figure out.

  </pre>
I am getting the following message:<br>
The configuration file for KPilot is out-of date. Please run KPilot to
update it.<br>
Details<br>
The configuration file is outdated. The configuration file has version
0, while KPilot need version 443. Please run KPilot and check the
configuration carefully to update the file.<br>
Important changes to watch for are: Renamed conduits, kroupware and
file installer have been made conduits as well. Conflict resolution is
now global settings. Changed format of no-backup databases.<br>
  <pre wrap=""></pre>
    <pre wrap="">-Why Daemon crashed when no PDA is connected?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Because Fedora broke it.

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">-What's error -110 mean?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Something Linux-kernel internal.

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">-With PDA Hotsync first(Adriaan's suggested method) and a kind of 2 \
sec later issueing the Command pilot-xfer -p /dev/ttyUSB0 --list I get:
Listening for incoming connection on /dev/ttyUSB0... connected!
Reading list of databases in RAM...
I lot of lines down here but when I check at
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
That *just lists* the databases. It's meant to check whether communication is
possible, not make a backup.

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">/home/tajin/.kde/share/apps/kpilot/DBBackup/tajin2310, nothing there
I asked to back up on PC, any reason why is not working backinp up?, Do
I need to do something on the pipes to back them up?, Do I need to use
Kalendar, kontact software to make the pipes and backup?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Using which tool? KPilot backs up to DBBackup, somewhere - sometimes.

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">-(I don't see this software link) Do I need to make a link for
/dev/pilot as:?
#ln -s /dev/ttyS0 /dev/pilot
where is udev or how do I check udev to make this ln -s connection?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" \
href="http://cvs.codeyard.net/kpilot/faq-linux.php">http://cvs.codeyard.net/kpilot/faq-linux.php</a> \
-- that page says deprecated, but  it might help anyway.

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">-How can I drag and drop some jpg pictures, mp3 or doc files to PDA
folders?, I don't see the folders as in windows.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
You can't, that functionality hasn't been implemented yet (it can be, finally,
with pilot-link 0.12, if someone does it).

  </pre>

["germant.vcf" (text/x-vcard)]