List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] KMail: disconnected IMAP Inbox becomes read-only
From:       Luka Renko <luka.renko () hermes ! si>
Date:       2006-01-30 7:09:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello,

I am using KMail 1.9.1 (Kubuntu 5.10, KDE 3.5, always used through Kontact)
access my mailbox on Exchange 2003 server over IMAP. I use disconnected IMAP

in order to have offline access to my mailbox.

In my mailbox, I have several folders (including non-email ones, like
Contacts, Tasks...), but I have only subscribed to the ones I need (personal

mail folders).

There are two annoying things:

1. Sometimes after restart of Kontact I get warnings for several (but not
all)
folders on Exchange IMAP that Kmail is unable to *create* folder on IMAP
server. I just confirm warning messages and it looks like that everything
works as expected afterwards, besides if this is related to my second
problem.

2. Inbox folder on IMAP server becomes read-only
Sometimes after the start Kmail claims that my Inbox (and only this folder!)

is read-only. I cannot do any delete/move/copy to operation. I have checked
options and have not find a way to control read-only/read-write mode of
folders. Funny things, after several restarts, playing with IMAP
troubleshooting (rebuild...) options and so on, the folder becomes
read-write
again?!?

Anybody else experiencing such weird problems with KMail?

Regards,
Luka