List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] New imap folders give error message.
From:       "Carsten Burghardt" <burghardt () kde ! org>
Date:       2006-01-09 8:15:12

Anne Wilson sagte:
> On Sunday 08 Jan 2006 16:40, Carsten Burghardt wrote:
>> Am Sunday 08 January 2006 12:38 schrieb Anne Wilson:
>> > After setting up my transport maps correctly and restarting postfix
>> > I then fired up kmail.  Imap folders were created, but there was an
>> > error message.  Checking the logs I found
>> >
>> > packbell imap(anne): file isn't in mbox
>> > format: /home/anne/mail/sent-mail/cur/....messageID:2,S
>> >
>> > and many similar.  Kmail is set to use maildir.  I'm using dovecot
>> > imap which is supposed to support both mbox and maildir.
>> >
>> > Is this a problem in kmail, or in dovecot configuration?
>>
>> This is an error message from your imap server. It obviously expects
>> mbox folders.
>>
> I'm not sure why that would be so.  Anyway, I deleted the one message in
> sent-mail/cur/ and the problem appears to have gone away.  I do have
> other problems to sort out, but I'm sure that I shall know within a day
> or two whether there is a real problem or whether it was caused by
> something dubious being in the sent-mail folder when I first started
> the imap server.

Just to be sure I understand this correctly: you have a local imap server
and you create/delete the folders that this server manages with kmail? If
you limit it to folders then it's ok but if you also manage your emails
with  this combination I'd say "good luck". KMail has it's own way to
store flags and every imap server has it's own structure.

Carsten