List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] Fwd: Re:  Kpilot Not Updating Palm
From:       Aharon Schkolnik <aharon () kayote ! com>
Date:       2005-08-22 12:39:36

Has anyone successfully used

Version: KPilot 4.5.3 (peuter)
Version: pilot-link 0.12.0-pre5
Version: KDE 3.4.2-1.2.fc4.kde
Version: Qt 3.3.4

and a SERIAL device (Palm Vx) ?

Can anyone help me debug the problems I'm having ( see below) ?

Subject: Re: [kdepim-users] Kpilot Not Updating Palm
Date: Thursday 18 August 2005 06:03 pm
From: Aharon Schkolnik <aharon@kayote.com>
To: Adriaan de Groot <groot@kde.org>
Cc: kdepim-users@kde.org

I finally got kpilotTest to generate some output to stdout by following the
instructions at
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kdepim-users/2005-March/003864.html
with regards to using kdebugdialog. I also set the debug variable in
lib/options.h, but that didn't do anything until I ran kdebugdialog.

Anyway, I ran
 ./kpilotTest  --debug 1 --test-usercheck -p /dev/ttyS0

>/tmp/kpilotTest.4.log 2>&1 &

four times, and only the first time worked. I am attaching the logs. Seems
that the log of the successful run has the line:

kpilotdaemon:      : Read user name Aharon Schkolnik

and the failed have the line:
kpilotdaemon:      : Read user name

Hope this helps !

On Thursday 18 August 2005 01:38 pm, Aharon Schkolnik wrote:
> On Thursday 18 August 2005 12:28 pm, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > On Thursday 18 August 2005 11:18, Aharon Schkolnik wrote:
> > > I downloaded pilot pilot-link from cvs - version 0.12.0-pre5, and built
> > > it. pilot-xfer -l -p /dev/ttyS0 works.
> >
> > Since you've built kpilot from source now, you should have a
> > kpilot/kpilotTest executable in your build directory (it's not
> > installed). The kpilotTest app lets you run various bits of the
> > application code without running the whole thing. I think for you the
> > best place to start is
> >
> > kpilotTest --test-usercheck --debug 1 --port /dev/ttyS0
>
> Very strange - I just ran:
>

> ./kpilotTest --test-usercheck --debug 256 --port /dev/ttyS0
>
> Still nothing on stdout, but  I got lots of stuff in the window - as if it
> synced all the data on my Palm:
>
> Version: KPilot 4.5.3 (peuter) Version: pilot-link 0.12.0-pre5 Version: KDE

<snip>

--
  The day is short, and the work is great,  |  Aharon Schkolnik
  and the laborers are lazy, and the reward |

["kpilotTest.1.log" (text/x-log)]

kpilotTest:    >syncTest
kpilotTest:      >PilotComponent
kpilotTest:      >LogWidget
kpilotTest:      >createLink
kpilotTest:        >KPilotDeviceLink
kpilotdaemon:        : Pilot-link version 1200
kpilotTest:      >SyncAction
kpilotTest:      >ActionQueue
kpilotTest:      >queueInit
kpilotTest:        >SyncAction
kpilotTest:        >WelcomeAction
kpilotTest:        >SyncAction
kpilotTest:        >CheckUser
kpilotTest:      >SyncAction
kpilotTest:      >TestLink
kpilotTest:      >SyncAction
kpilotTest:      >CleanupAction
kpilotTest:      >connectStack
kpilotTest:      >createConnection
kpilotTest:        >reset
kpilotTest:          >close
kpilotdaemon:          : Closing sockets -1 and -1
kpilotTest:          >reset
kpilotTest:            >close
kpilotdaemon:            : Closing sockets -1 and -1
kpilotTest:        >addMessage
kpilotTest:        >addMessage
kpilotTest:      >acceptDevice
kpilotdaemon:      : Found connection on device /dev/ttyS0
kpilotTest:        >statusString
kpilotdaemon:      : Current status KPilotDeviceLink=DeviceOpen and master 10
kpilotTest:        >addProgress
kpilotTest:        >addProgress
kpilotdaemon:      : RomVersion=55586817 Locale=65536 Product=
kpilotTest:        >addProgress
kpilotdaemon:      : Reading user info @165214344
kpilotdaemon:      : Buffer @165214344
kpilotdaemon:      : Read user name Aharon Schkolnik
kpilotTest:        >addProgress
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:        >addProgress
kpilotTest:        >execConduit
kpilotconduit:        : Running conduit ActionQueue
kpilotTest:          >actionCompleted
kpilotdaemon:          : Will run action welcomeAction
kpilotconduit:        : Exec returned true
kpilotTest:      >execConduit
kpilotconduit:      : Running conduit welcomeAction
kpilotTest:        >exec
kpilotTest:          >addSyncLogEntry
kpilotTest:            >setupPilotCodec
kpilot:            : Creating codec
kpilot:            : Got codec UTF-8 for setting
kpilotTest:            >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >actionCompleted
kpilotdaemon:          : Completed action welcomeAction
kpilotdaemon:          : Will run action userCheck
kpilotconduit:      : Exec returned true
kpilotTest:      >execConduit
kpilotconduit:      : Running conduit userCheck
kpilotTest:        >exec
kpilotconduit:        : User name set to gui<Aharon Schkolnik> hh<Aharon Schkolnik>
kpilotTest:          >setDBPath
kpilotdaemon:          : Setting default DB path to \
                /home/aharon/.kde/share/apps/kpilot/DBBackup/Aharon Schkolnik/
kpilotTest:          >actionCompleted
kpilotdaemon:          : Completed action userCheck
kpilotTest:            >~CheckUser
kpilotdaemon:          : Will run action testLink
kpilotconduit:      : Exec returned true
kpilotTest:      >execConduit
kpilotconduit:      : Running conduit testLink
kpilotTest:        >exec
kpilotTest:          >addSyncLogEntry
kpilotTest:            >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database StripAccounts-SJLO
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database New List
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database Location - Custom DB
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database Location - Static DB
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database LauncherIII Database
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database ParensDB
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database AddressDB
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database DatebookDB
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database ExpenseDB
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database Location DB
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database LauncherDB
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database MailDB
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database MemoDB
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database ConnectionDB
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database NetworkDB
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database SolitaireFreeData
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database ToDoDB
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database CSpotRunPrefs
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database PalmCrackDB
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database HebFontDB
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database WriteDB
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database PPACDB
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database ClockSolDB
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database TealDoc Categories
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database ManualIm
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database StatesIm
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database TSheetDB
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database fuelLogDB
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database Extension Registry
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database OmniRemote
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database DoodleDB
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database SilverDB-tric
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database DES Library
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database MD Library
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database Location Manager Library
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database Keys-Gtkr
  0000  be ef ed be ef ed 03 03 02 00                     ..........
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database DSHack
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database LogoHack
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database HS2_Groceries
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database HS2_Data from v1.x
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database PalmRule
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database StripPassword-SJLO
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database PalmDraw Picts
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database HSPrefs
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database Giraffe High Score
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database Original-NSOK
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database State-NSOK
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database StripSystems-SJLO
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database קריאת שמע על המטה
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database מוצאי שבת, קדוש לבנה
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database מעריב
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database מנחה לחול
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database תהלים פרק קיט
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database ברכת המזון ושאר ברכות
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database U.S. States Info
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database Tealdoc Manual
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database Kitzur 1-5
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database Toast Timers
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database Hebrew Support
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database TSWorkSpace
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database HandyShop2
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database  ALARM
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database PIANO
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database BigClock
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database PalmDraw
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database Blocks
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database CSpotRun
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database Chronos
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database ChessGenius
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database PalmCrack
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database TikTok
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database dates
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database Dali Clock
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database Digger
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database FPSUTPR3
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotconduit:        : Read database FreeCell
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >getNextDatabase
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >actionCompleted
kpilotdaemon:          : Completed action testLink
kpilotdaemon:          : Will run action cleanupAction
kpilotconduit:      : Exec returned true
kpilotTest:      >execConduit
kpilotconduit:      : Running conduit cleanupAction
kpilotTest:        >exec
kpilotTest:          >finishSync
kpilotdaemon:          : Writing username Aharon Schkolnik
kpilotTest:            >addSyncLogEntry
kpilotTest:              >addMessage
kpilotTest:          >actionCompleted
kpilotdaemon:          : Completed action cleanupAction
kpilotTest:            >~CleanupAction
kpilotconduit:            : Deleting @164243752
kpilotconduit:      : Exec returned true
kpilotTest:      >syncDone
kpilotTest:        >addMessage
kpilotTest:      >close
kpilotdaemon:      : Closing sockets 10 and 10

["kpilotTest.2.log" (text/x-log)]

kpilotdaemon:      : Reading user info @166927376
kpilotdaemon:      : Buffer @166927376
kpilotdaemon:      : Read user name
kpilotTest:        >addProgress
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotdaemon: [void KPilotDeviceLink::acceptDevice()] : dlp_OpenConduit returned -200
kpilotTest:        >addError
kpilotTest: WARNING: KPilot error: Could not read user information from the Pilot. \
                Perhaps you have a password set on the device?
kpilotTest:          >addMessage
kpilotTest:        >addProgress
kpilotTest:        >execConduit
kpilotconduit:        : Running conduit ActionQueue
kpilotTest:          >actionCompleted
kpilotTest:            >addError
kpilotTest: WARNING: KPilot error: The connection to the handheld was lost. \
                Synchronization cannot continue.
kpilotTest:              >addMessage
kpilotTest:            >~CheckUser
kpilotTest:            >~CleanupAction
kpilotconduit:            : Deleting @165919016
kpilotconduit:        : Exec returned true
kpilotTest:      >syncDone
kpilotTest:        >addMessage
kpilotTest:      >close
kpilotdaemon:      : Closing sockets 10 and 10

["kpilotTest.3.log" (text/x-log)]

kpilotdaemon:      : Reading user info @155691800
kpilotdaemon:      : Buffer @155691800
kpilotconduit:            : Deleting @154560808