List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] kde3.4: calendar on imap folder through kmail
From:       jfweber () bellsouth ! net
Date:       2005-05-18 19:11:30

On May Tuesday 2005 2:47 pm, Till Adam wrote:
> On Monday 16 May 2005 14:03, Sophana Kok wrote:
> > I've setup the whole thing, and when I add events or todos, it just
> > says 'unable to save event ...'. But I can see in the imap folder that
> > the event is there.
> > When restarting kontact, the event were effectively not stored.
>
> Note that starting with KDE 3.4 you have to use an account of type
> "disconnected imap" for the groupware functionality to work.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Till
Also sounds like there may be a permissions problem somewhere in the config
files for the pim ??? There are a few items that do not have their config
files where you might expect. And I can't say whether the pim has that
problem or not.. but the addressbook doesn't save the data anywhere one
might logically thing it would be , so it wouldn't be out of character for
the Pim to follow suit w/ the calander. Look around your .kde
file /.kde/share/aps/ and also in the configuration folder in that same
general area.. you might find you are lacking user write permissions in
the file you are actually changing when you make your changes to the
calandar.
Hope it helps some...
or at least gives you a place to keep looking ;-)