List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Synchronisation
From:       Adriaan de Groot <groot () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-05-11 12:30:40

Hej Immo,

Auf diesem email-Liste sprechen wir englisch,

On Wednesday 11 May 2005 10:32, Immo Bornhagen wrote:
> Ich habe als User keine Verbindung zum Palm-Handheld, um einen Hot-Sync
> auszuführen, als root jedoch. Dem User habe auch nun auch die Gruppe
> Root hinzugefügt, aber ohne Erfolg. Was muß ich tun, damit ich als User
> eine Sync durchführen kann?

Make sure that the device node (/dev/pilot, or /dev/ttyUSB1, or whatever) has
the right permissions. For instance, permissions 0660 (rw-rw----) will let
anyone in the right group work with the device. The trick is:

1) Make sure the user is in the correct group
2) Make sure that the device has (and keeps) the correct permissions

How you do this depends a little on your Linux distro, so I can't help you
there.

--
These are your friends - Adem
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot