List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Kmail eating messages
From:       Eduard Werner <edi.werner () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-02-20 13:10:09

Sobotu 19 februara 200523:35, Alvin Smith pisaĊĦe:
> > I run KDE on OpenBSD.
> > This problem has been occurring in my kmail sent-mail box for two
> > years. It seems to show up when starting kmail after a kmail crash.
>
> I did fail to mension that detail, that kmail had crashed just before this
> began.  It crashed when I clicked "Apply Filters" to the inbox.  I had just
> added a new filter.

I suspect it happens if the crash occurs before Kmail has updated the index
files. So after the restart "zombie messages" will be shown in the index
file, and when you click on it kmail cannot find the corresponding message.
That's at least how it behaves on my machine (linux gentoo, mandrake before),
and although it's scary, I cannot recall having lost a single mail this way.

Cheers

Edi