List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Need help for distribution change
From:       Piotr Zembrowski <piotr () pathcom ! com>
Date:       2005-02-18 4:24:43

On Thursday February 17 2005 19:16, Larry Baker wrote:
> I am changing from the SUSE 9.2 professional to the Mandrake 10.1
> distribution.  Since KMail does not support an export function, can
> anyone suggest a way to save my e-mail messages so that after a clean
> install, the messages can then be accessed in the new distribution?

Not the most elegant solution perhaps, but I burned the whole '.Mail'
directory on a CD-ROM, using K3b, then copied it back after
re-installing the system from scratch.  There was a tiny problem with
permissions: KMail couldn't read the message files until I manually
chmod'ed them.

-- Piotr
piotr@pathcom.com