List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] Kmail, Kaddressbook, and GPG
From:       Tami King <tik () grahamand ! us>
Date:       2005-02-02 17:26:31

I have a contact in my addressbook that has a PGP key and is set
to Alway Encrypt if possible.  I used to be able to send email
to the contact and the message would be encrypted without me
having to click the encrypt button in the email composer window.
Recently it goes through the motions of encrypting the message,
but doesn't actually do it and it doesn't ask for the pass
phrase.  I changed the encrypt option to Ask on my contact and
Kmail asks if an email should be encrypted, and then presents
the keys to use and after clicking ok, it sends the mail without
encrypting it.  If I click the encrypt icon on the composer
window, I am asked for a passphrase and the message is
encrypted.    Has a configuration option changed?  Is there
something that I can do to get this to behave the way it used
to?

Thanks,
Tami

Running KDE 3.3.2, kdepim from cvs updated and compiled yesterday
on a Gentoo system.