List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Disappearing mail
From:       chris nicol <cnicol () pangea ! org>
Date:       2005-01-20 22:31:24

Hi Chris,

On Thursday 13 Jan 2005 22:53, Chris Gow wrote:
> On January 13, 2005 04:38 pm, Chris Nicol wrote:
> > 1. Anyone know how to import filters from Evolution?
> > 2. Where are the filters stored in Kmail? I need to copy them to another
> > machine.
> I don't think there is a tool/wizard built in to kmail that will import
> evolution filters. But after taking a quick look at my old evolution
> configuration it appears that evolution stores their filters in an XML file
> (this is for evo 1.4.x).
>
> Kmail (1.7.1) stores its filters in $HOME/.kde/share/config/kmailrc which
> is a text file. What you could do is write an XSLT to convert the evolution
> filters into something that kmail understands.

Thanks. At least I can copy the filters to the other machine. That's a great
help!

> Unfortunately, I only have one evolution filter so I can't supply you with
> an XSL that would be complete. If you want I could help you out with
> creating one (I know some XSL). It might take some time though as I don't
> have evolution installed and I have very few kmail filters :)

I'm afraid I just don't have time or programing skills to help out in this
area. If you do have and would like to create a script or two, I'm sure they
would be useful to me and to others. I could send you a copy of my filter
files from Kmail and Evolution.

> Actually, if there isn't a wizard import tool for evolution filters, maybe
> this could be a start?

Good idea! (And after filters, there'd be more config to import too, but I
think filters are the highest priority because they are so labour intensive
and there are often so many.)

Regards,

Chris