List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] Disappearing mail
From:       Chris Nicol <chrisn () jazzfree ! com>
Date:       2005-01-08 19:53:59

Hi all,

I have just changed from Evolution to Kmail. I find Evolution is getting
slower, less practical, and more and more corporate-oriented. I'm very
pleased with Kontact and feel it has really improved and come of age.

But I have a problem with my incoming mail. Some of it disappears when I
select it. I click on the message and all details disappear. Instead, I am
left with an empty message with "No Subject", sender: "Unknown" and Date: Jan
1 1970. This happens with only some of the messages.  Any idea why?

I would also appreciate some help with exporting filters from Evolution to
Kmail. I have so many that it is taking me hours to create them all again.

Also, I keep a desktop and a laptop in sync with rsync, and I'd like to keep
the filters the same on both machines. (And save having to recreate them all
again on the other machine.) Does anyone know where the filters are stored,
in which file? I simply can't find it, not even after changing the filters
and then searching for a recently altered file with the appropriate text
inside.

And Kontact just stops responding for 20-30 seconds. I don't know why.
Admittedly the laptop is an old Vaio PIII at 450MHz but it is still strange
that it should be so slow at times.

Finally, I have had problems with the folder import script (KmailCVT). It
crashes in the middle of the process. I must admit it's a large process: I
have several Gb of mail in Evolution (46.000+ messages), but I have had to
import it one folder at a time. It's taking me days of work!

I would apprciate your help with these problems.

Regards,

Chris