On Thursday 04 November 2004 09:10, Martin Steigerwald wrote: > > the e-mail address autocompletion feature in KMail 1.7 from KDE 3.3.1 > seems to search from the beginning of a string that consists of one or > more of: > > Firstname Surname > > This makes it impossible to use auto completion with the surname or the > e-mail adress (unless only the e-mail address is stored in auto > completion, for example for recently used e-mail adresses). > > IMHO KMail should search in firstname, surname and email address. Our > customer just wants auto completion with surname instead of firstname. I agree. The only address I seem to notice this with is mine. When I want to forward an email to myself at my client's site, I have to type a "D" (for derek) even though the address is broughtond@... It's unintuitive, since all of my personal addresses begin with "d" but the client addresses begin with my surname. -- derek _______________________________________________ KDE PIM users mailing list kdepim-users@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kdepim-users