List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Re: Kmail 1.7 problem
From:       Tom Taylor <linxt () comcast ! net>
Date:       2004-10-02 21:03:30

On Saturday 02 October 2004 03:32, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Friday 01 October 2004 19:52, Tom Taylor wrote:
> > >
> > > I think you forgot something. ;-) You might want to add "attaching"
> > > to the keywords which indicate your intention to attach a file (in
> > > Composer->Attachments configuration).
> >
> > Ahhh, the foibles of getting old and foggy brained!
> >
> > Heres the file I meant to send originally.
>
> Unfortunately, the backtrace doesn't show the line where it crashes.
>
> What about the View->Attachments menu? Is it also disabled? I just saw
> that we disable those two menus if the preview pane is disabled (which
> is nonsense because then there's no way to change those options because
> the separate reader window still doesn't have a menu).
>
> Regards,
> Ingo

Hi Ingo:

The "View->Attachments menu and View->Headers menu" works correctly ONLY WHEN
the preview pane is enabled as you suggested above.  When I set the preview
pane back to disabled the menus for both attachments and headers are again
not available and using the modified taskbar icons to change the header types
causes a Kmail crash.

Of course I can always change the settings to enable the preview pane and then
change the header types during each session when I want to look at all the
headers but this is not the "right way" in my estimation, at least not the
way previous versions did it.

I assume that it has already been reported as a "BUG" since you already knew
about it and won't report it in the bug-list again.

Thanks, Tom

P.S.  I do like the way the rest of the program looks and works.  Thanks for
your (and others) work on this.

--
Tom Taylor
registered linux user #263467

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful - and so are we,"
"They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our
people - and neither do we." - George W. Bush, Aug 2004