List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] Kmail and AVG anti-virus
From:       Richard Pace <rpace () sbcglobal ! net>
Date:       2004-07-30 17:18:10

Hi:
I'm new to Kmail and Linux in general.  In the process of liberating myself
from a M$ desktop.

Has anyone setup a Kmail filter to use AVG anti-virus?  I've seen some
preliminary doc on a Kmail antivirus wizard.  I've heard/read that one
doesn't need antivirus software on a Linux desktop, but I'm kind of
interested in not forwarding virus-infected email that I may have received
from someone else.  Also,  I understand that even though the viruses may be
benign on Linux, they still take up disk space.

General thoughts on Linux and antivirus welcome, and tips on Kmail filter
setup as well.
Regards,
Richard