List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Re: kmail and fonts
From:       Luca Ferrari <fluca1978 () infinito ! it>
Date:       2004-07-27 12:45:31

On Monday 19 July 2004 22:06 Ingo Klöcker's cat walking on the keyboard
wrote:

> On Saturday 17 July 2004 16:39, Luca Ferrari wrote:
> > By the way, just to answer to Ingo, the signature is read by a text
> > file, and my charsets are utf-8 (locale), us-ascii and utf-8 in this
> > order. Is it a wrong configuration?
>
> Well, now the question is in which charset the signature text in the
> text file is encoded in. KMail expects it to be encoded in locale
> encoding. But from your message is looks more like it was encoded in
> latin1. That's the problem with text files. KMail can only guess the
> encoding.

Since I've noted that even normal text e-mail are displayed wrongly (from
other people and by myself) I've tried to add the iso-5589-1 to the charset
list, but this didn't fix the error. How can I find the right charset and the
whole list of available charsets?

Thanks,
luca
--