List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] KPilot deleting appointments/tasks
From:       "Lars" <kdepim-users () hofmann-wi ! de>
Date:       2004-07-19 20:27:35

Am Montag, 19. Juli 2004 16:58 schrieb Lars:
> Hi Adriaan,
>
> Am Montag, 12. Juli 2004 23:35 schrieben Sie:
> > Hi Lars,
> >
> > First off, 4.4.1 is from several months ago, there are newer versions
> > available (from the kpilot.org website) which may correct these problems.
> >
> > On Monday 12 July 2004 20:10, Lars wrote:
> > > But unfortunately today the worst case hit me:
> > > I added new appointments and tasks to the palm during the weekend and
> > > after synchronisation they got all deleted by kpilot. No error messages
> > > or popup windows at all. Nothing in the sync protocol.
> >
> > In these cases, it can be useful to have a debugging build of KPilot
> > (from source) so that you can see what is happening when you run kpilot
> > from a konsole window (or rather, kpilotDaemon, since that is what does
> > the work).
> >
> > > Now everytime I enter a new appointment on the palm it gets deleted
> > > after a synchronisation with kpilot. The other direction from kontact
> > > to palm works fine. Also changing existing appointments to different
> > > times on the palm
> >
> > That is a bug, it doesn't sound familiar to me, and all I can suggest is
> > to upgrade.
>
> Here I am again, sorry.
> The installation from source worked now but the problem still exists. If I
> enter a new event at the pilot it get's deleted after a hotsync run with
> kpilot. What can I do now to find out what go's wrong?

I hope this info of the kpilotDaemon log helps. I think there is the entry of
the sync process for my example appointment 'Test Appointment'. I'm wondering
also about the 'QDate::fromString: Parameter out of range' lines right in
front of it.

[...]
kpilotconduit: openCalendar: KOrganizer's time zone = Europe/Berlin
kpilotconduit: openCalendar: Got calendar type 0
kpilotconduit: Using CalendarResource!
QDate::fromString: Parameter out of range
[...] -> a lot of repititions of this line
QDate::fromString: Parameter out of range
kpilotconduit: openDatabases: Mode=
kpilotconduit: openDatabases_: Trying to open database DatebookDB
kpilotconduit: exec: fullsync=false, firstSync=false
kpilotconduit: exec: syncAction=1, conflictResolution = 0, archive = false
kpilotconduit: execConduit: Exec returned true
kpilotconduit:
kpilotconduit: slotPalmRecToPC: Could not read palm record with ID 7213873
kpilotconduit: addRecord: Pilot Record ID=7213873, backup ID=7213873
kpilotconduit: Start time on Palm: Di Jul 20 12:00:00 2004, on PC: Di Jul 20
12:00:00 2004
kpilotconduit: setRecurrence: no recurrence to set
kpilotconduit: incidenceFromRecord: DESCRIPTION: Test Appointment
kpilotconduit: slotPCRecToPalm: found PC entry with pilotID 0
kpilotconduit: slotPCRecToPalm: Description: Birkner, Holger's birthday
[...]

Thanks for your help!

Greetings, Lars