List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    [kdepim-users] Problem with pinentry
From:       Miles Sabin <miles () milessabin ! com>
Date:       2004-05-30 22:52:35

This is with pinentry-0.6.8 from Konstruct for KDE 3.2.2, and gnupg
1.2.4 ...

When I try to perform the gpg/agent test described here,

  http://kmail.kde.org/kmail-pgpmime-howto.html

ie,

  echo "test" | gpg -ase -r <my key here> | gpg

pinentry-qt flashes up for a couple of seconds then exits without giving
me a chance to enter my passphrase. gpg then reports,

  gpg: problem with the agent - disabling agent use

and falls back to prompting me for the passphrase on the console.

I've checked the obvious things (gpg-agent running; GPG_AGENT_INFO set
properly; use-agent set in gpg.conf; -d switch added to
pinentry-program in gpg-agent.conf in the hope of see some useful
diagnostics) and can't see anything problematic.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? Any clues would be most
welcome.

Cheers,

Miles