List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] Recurring events on 15th and 30th of the
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-05-25 21:09:36

On Tuesday 25 May 2004 22:38, Thomas Gagné wrote:
> It doesn't look as though its possible with the system as it is, but
> some people get paid on the 15th and 30th of the month.  Those days
> don't always fall on a business day.
> 1) can anyone think of how this should (could) be described so that
> we can describe the previous or next business day?

It might be possible to express this as an iCalendar recurrence rule
(see RFC 2445), but I doubt that KOrganizer currently implements this
kind of rule.

If you also would like to take into account holidays there probably is
no clean way to express this in iCalendar.

> 2) can it be wedged into KOrganizer?

The simplest way to add something like that to KOrganizer would be to
write a CalendarDecoration plugin. So you could write a "payday" plugin
similar to the holiday or datenum plugin.