List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] KPilot causes PC crash after Sync
From:       "Claus C. Vormann" <CCVormann () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-04-17 18:07:37

Hi Adrian and List,

Am Friday 16 April 2004 21:16 schrieb Adriaan de Groot:
> Hi Claus,
>
> On Thursday 15 April 2004 18:48, Claus C. Vormann wrote:
> > since a couple of days, KPilot causes the computer to crash after a
> > completet sync. The moment the handheld beeps to indicate that the sync
> > is completet, the two right lights on my keyboard (caps-lock and
> > scroll-lock) start to blink and the PC does not react at all. I have to
> > do a restart using the reset-button, neither mouse nor keyboard would
> > work.
>
> Like someone else already suggested, this probably isn't a real KPilot
> problem, but related to hardware or kernel problems. There's a way we can
> test that, with pilot-xfer (the underlying library KPilot is based on). Run
>
> 	pilot-xfer -p /dev/pilot -b /tmp/pilotbackup
>
> You may want to put the actual device name that you use in kpilot instead
> of /dev/pilot. See if that sync also crashes your system.

If I did it correctly, it did also cause a crash. What puzzles me is, that the
system did not crash right from the beginning. The first month, or so, I did
not have any probs. If it is a hardwhere problem, it should always have
existed, shouldn't it?

In addition to that, I found out that I have a shift in the scheduled times of
two hours, i.e. the appointments on the handheld appear two hours earlier
than in Korganizer.

I reset the handheld and copied the data from PC to organizer, adjusted the
timezones of PC and Organizer to GMT, but without success.

I blame that prob on M$ Outlook, as this particular prob did first occour
after I synced the organizer with Outlook in the office.

Anyone else having problems while syncing with two different systems?

Greetings

	Claus
--
Eine E-Mail von: Claus Christian Vormann
		 CCVormann@CCVau.de